By Carla Branch
alexandrianews.org

Fire at Shell station on Duke St. (Courtesy Photo)

The fire at the Shell Gas Station at 4670 Duke Street yesterday was caused by a malfunctioning furnace.

The Alexandria Fire Department was called to the gas station at 8:17 a.m. yesterday. Due to the mutual response agreement, firefighters from Arlington and Fairfax counties also responded. Traffic was snarled for several hours while firefighters contained the blaze, which never reached the gas pumps.

Items within the building. There were no injuries.

Email this to someoneShare on FacebookShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on StumbleUponShare on TumblrTweet about this on Twitter